Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Governor Peter Obi vowed to quit political position


Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State has vowed not to contest any political position again on completion of his second tenure. Speaking at the Governor’s Lodge during a dinner organized in honour of Committee of Directors of the State Civil Service, which toured some completed and ongoing projects by his administration, he said, what he was doing by laying good foundation for the state was not for any campaign.

 He said, “I’m not doing what I’m doing today as a campaign strategy because, I have said I will not aspire for anything again after eight years in office as Anambra governor. I’m not doing it to seek glory because I have got all I want from God.
 “The history of Nigeria will not be written without a page being devoted to my contributions to the growth of Nigeria’s democracy.”

 The governor stated that, based on the foundation he has been laying; Anambra would be the best state in Nigeria in 20 years time. He noted that his efforts and rapport with the presidency had attracted foreign investors to the state, resulting in the decision of the second largest brewers in the world, SABmiller, to establish a factory in Onitsha,.

 The factory which is one of the three being put up in Onitsha industrial area, he said, would employ an initial 350 people, with 60 per cent coming from Anambra State, as mutually agreed while the other two would employ about the same number.

No comments:

Post a Comment